WorldLingo reaches top of Global Internet Summit

The success or failure of many B2B exchanges will hinge on their ability to facilitate communication between buyers and sellers speaking many different languages.

That was the message WorldLingo Chairman Phil Scanlan gave to the World's Internet leaders at the Global Internet Summit (GIS) in Munich. B2B exchanges have taken a double hit over the past 12 months.

First with the NASDAQ bubble bursting and then many of the "Old Economy" giants banding together to set up their own exchanges in competition.

But the path to success for many of these B2B exchanges was revealed by Global Reach Statistics showing more than 52% of web users do not speak English.

Quoting the latest quarterly email survey, Phil Scanlan said that 91% of multinationals cannot respond to foreign language email, even though they have offices all over the world.

The WorldLingo Quarterly Email Survey measures how many of the world's top companies respond to an email messages that is written in a foreign language. Surprisingly many multinationals did not even realize they were receiving foreign language email, writing back to say the email they had received was corrupted.

This means many of these multinational backed exchanges are limiting themselves to a maximum of 48% of the global market, opening the door for B2B exchanges to build a loyal client base amongst the other 52% of the global market.

Companies like WorldLingo provide translation solutions that not only allow the B2B exchange to communicate with its customers in many languages, but also helps the exchanges buyers and sellers communicate between themselves.

Scanlan said "The ultimate success of an exchange depends how much business is conducted over the exchange. If buyers and sellers can negotiate among themselves regardless of language, more deals will be closed, and the exchanges volume will skyrocket.


About WorldLingo

WorldLingo is a leading provider of integrated, online translation solutions. The company's services range from cost effective machine translation solutions, to professional human translation and culturally sensitive localization. A global network of over 5,000 professional translators produces human translations. WorldLingo also offers unique, real-time translation solutions for two-way email and instant messaging. These solutions make it easy for businesses and professionals to interact with internal and external multilingual audiences anywhere in the world. By combining accurate and cost effective translation, WorldLingo is taking great strides towards breaking down language barriers in the world of commerce.

WorldLingo produces thousands of translations every day. Clients include AT&T, Sony, Eli Lilly, Belkin, Cadbury Schweppes, Qualcomm, Priceline, and Tribal DDB. WorldLingo is also an official supplier of translation services to the European Union. In addition, Microsoft has integrated WorldLingo's technology into Office XP and Word 2002. WorldLingo is a global organisation with offices in the US, Australasia and Europe.

For more information: contact WorldLingo